Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mamma's Meatloaf

Okay first I have to inform you my beloved sister Tiffany sent me "Dine In, For Maple Alley Inn." The cook book is part of a fundraiser for providing hot meals to people in need. I have already posted one recipe from their "Salmon al Limone"

Here is another one. The reason I even tried it to be honest, is my Hubs likes things pretty basic sometimes. So while I prefer either of my other Options (1 & 2) I figured I had to give this one a try for him. He was very happy with it, and I must admit it is something I'm sure I'll make in rotation with my others.

** I believe all you need to make this GF would be certified GF oats, but I'm not 100% sure about Worcestershire sauce).

Preheat oven to 350*

In a large bowl mix :

1 1/4 lbs ground beef (you can easily mix in sausage or whatever other ground meat of your choosing, we just used beef however)
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup dry oatmeal
1 egg
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup

Pat into a loaf pan or free form onto a baking sheet. the smother with additional ketchup.

Bake 1 hour and then check for done-ness. Ours took about hour and twenty minutes, I did drain off some of the fat after an hour. Then again when it was done.

We served these with Cider Poached Beets (we like beets with our meatloaf)

If you have left overs, I placed some onto toasted bread with a horseradish mayo blend and spinach. I thought it was yummers.




No comments:

Post a Comment