Saturday, July 9, 2011

Meatloaf with Beets and Greens

Well my husband loves meatloaf, here is how I made it this time around

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2/3 cup of milk
2 cups soft bread crumbs (this means I took two slices of bread and created bread crumbs)
1 Tbs parsley (dried)
1/2 tsp Basil (dried)
1/2 Tsp Oregano (dried)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
1.5 lb ground beef

Sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 Tbs mustard (no dried here)

Method:
Preheat over to 350* F
Beat eggs, milk and seasonings together. add bread crumbs and meat and thoroughly combine.
Pat meat mixture into a loaf pan.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour - 1.5 hours or until internal temp is hot enough.
Top with sauce and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
Serve!

My omni informed me this was the best meatloaf he has ever eaten, I'm feeling pretty high on the hog today *grin*

I served this with beets and beet greens fresh from his parents garden

Ingredients:
1 Bunch beets and greens, washed and separated
Olive oil or butter for sauteing
2 Cloves of garlic minced or pressed
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
I diced the beets and allowed them to cook alone in a skillet pan until they began to soften, then added garlic.
Tore up the greens and cooked until just wilted. Salted and peppered to taste. They were scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment