Monday, August 13, 2012

Salmon al Limone

Oh man. Okay, I'll admit I want to like fish more than I do. All that said this recipe is a keeper for me. IN fact the entire time we ate I was going on and on about how amazing it actually is, and that is actually saying something. I mean, I wont hesitate to tell you I'm a great cook, but rarely do I suffer from  extremely big head syndrome. Tonight I did. If you glean nothing else from this, what you should retain is MAKE THIS RECIPE.




Wild salmon Steaks. (I bought a decent sized fillet and had my lady "steak it out")

1 shallot, diced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup or so milk (you could use all whipping cream)
1/3 cup white wine (plus more)
1/2 lemon juiced (or more, your choice)
2 bunches of spinach
1 small onion (I used red from my in laws garden)
4 cloves of garlic. minced

Start with the sauce.

Saute the shallot with olive oil in a medium saucepan, until tender. Add the wine, milks and lemon, and cook until reduced to a thick and creamy deliciousness (BTW the flavor wont appear until it thickens some)

Place the fish steaks in a shallow small baking dish, season with salt and pepper. Surround with white wine and bake covered at 450* for about 10 minutes. (I used foil so I could get it nice and close to the fish causing less waste of wine)

In a separate skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil until beginning to tender, stir in spinach and cook to your desired tenderness.

Layer greens onto a plate. Place a steak onto each bed of greeny goodness. Drizzle with sauce and eat. Savoring every. single. bite.


We served ours with Rosemary Garlic potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. This dish tastes as wonderful as it looks! Thanks for sharing your delicious sauce H.:)

    ReplyDelete