Thursday, May 19, 2016

Potato Soup

Some days you wake up and it's pouring down rain and you decide "Soup, yes soup and home made rolls for dinner" and then you eat until you burst cause it's so delicious!

Of course my roll is torn up and tossed in ;)
6 TBS butter
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
8-15 potatoes depending on size, chopped
4 cups broth (I used Imagine No Chicken Broth)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese for garnish

Melt butter in a stock pot, then saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic until onions are translucent. Then toss the potatoes to coat, if using a bullion or stock base add it now, then add water (alternately add all your broth now) Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.

I then used my Vitamix to blend over half of it and topped with a little spinkle of cheese. Everyone devoured it the 4 (almost 5) year old inhaled it!

I then served it with home made buns..

No comments:

Post a Comment