Monday, May 16, 2016

Lasagna!





Tonight - I made Lasagna tonight that was out of this world so I HAD to share.



Sauce:

*1lb sweet sausage                             *2 TBS White Sugar

*1/2 lb ground beef                            *1 1/2 tsp dried basil

*1/2 minced onion                              *1/2 tsp fennel seeds

*3 garlic cloved minced                       *1 tsp italian seasonings

*1 (28 oz) can crushed tomates           *1 tbs salt

*2 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste            *1/4 tsp black pepper

*1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce

*1/2 cup of water 


Cook meats, onions and garlic and cook until softened or browned. Then add the remaining ingredients and simmer at LEAST an hour!

Home made noodles:

*2 cups whole wheat flour

*3 eggs 
*1/4 tsp salt
*water as needed

Have you made noodles? If not check here for this recipe. My one disclaimer is that I always roll my noodles for lasagna PAPER THIN literally the thinnest setting on my pasta roller that I can. Why you ask? Well it is essential to me that a lasagna have a lot of THIN layers, for one the flavor is SO MUCH better. Don't believe me? Make one. Then you can tell me a 6 noodle lasagna of 2 layers is better than my 5 or six =)


Filling:

*1 16 oz container of ricotta
*1 egg

Beat together and make creamy

Others:

*1 cup mozzarella
*1/4-1/2 cup Asiago
*1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan

My layering technique is as follows. 

*a little sauce
*noodles
*sauce 
*mozzarella
*noodles
*ricotta
*sauce
*noodles
*repeat
*parm and asiago for the top!

Bake at 350* covered for 20 minutes and then uncovered for 20 more!

Then devour. Warning - you may eat every last bite. I am so glad I made this in my Tupperware Brand Ovenware - cleanup was SO easy! Need to get some of your own? (Yes of course you do, everyone needs this amazing stuff) Shop here






No comments:

Post a Comment