Monday, September 19, 2011

Dinner Rolls

Not the healthiest but my Hubby's favorite bread, and you'll see why when you see the ingredients, I cheat and use the bread maker for the start, which helps when you have little people to keep entertained

1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 3/4 AP flour
1 package yeast

Butter for brushing.

Place all ingredients into a bread machine in the order recommended. Select dough cycle and walk away.

Once the cycle is completed, remove dough to a lightly floured surface and divide dough in half. Roll out and cut into wedges. brush with butter and roll tightly. Place onto a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm place for about an hour to rise.
Preheat oven to 400* F and bake for about 10 minutes


Clearly I cut this one fresh out of the oven, that's why it is so squatty
I think the setting for heat needs to be adjusted every time, the bottom of my rolls burn! But once that part is removed YUM.
My husband adores these, and my mother and step father thought YUM as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment