Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Ice Cream (eggnog too)

Okay, Ice cream is not "diet" friendly, or really healthy, yes I have recipes that are, I plan to try them soon, so if you see this particular recipe listed twice it's cause I made the "vegan" version for our son.

I'm infatuated with pumpkin, 'tis the season anyhow. So enter ice cream, where this really started was last October I had some at my wonderful sisters house (little bit of irony is that while the two of us were eating it, our other sister on the other side of the country was eating it too.). I was SADLY disappointing. Like seriously. So I just had to try it again.

I again used my own baked pumpkin.

I also used an ice cream maker.

1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/4-1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Now here is the tricky part. I didn't measure seasonings
1 "dash" nutmeg (you know, about a shake but not a real heavy one)
1 "dash cloves"
1 barely there dash, ginger
1 good hard shake cinnamon

Blended it all together in my Vitamix and poured into the ice cream machine.

My hubs and I loved it, my parents (the Friday dinner set) don't like pumpkin pie, and LOVED it!

To make the egg nog variation I used
1 cup eggnog (I'll only use about 1/2 cup next time)
1 cup milk (I'll add about half a cup)
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup sugar, if even.

The way I made it was SUPER thick and very noggy, it was good, but for best results I'll use less nog next time (or hey maybe even make it from scratch).

Sorry for the lack of photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment