Saturday, October 27, 2012

Creamy Baked Pumpkin Risotto

Okay, first things first I have never even heard of the  TV show this recipe came from, we don't have cable. However I was looking for a savory pumpkin recipe I could whip up with what I had on hand, so I found this one and thought I'd give it a try..

The original recipe can be found here, I adapted it to my discretion.


Ingredients

  • 52.5 cups low-sodium  vegetable broth
  • 1 cup arborrio rice
  • 1 cup acorn squash, small dice, and slightly pre cooked (mine was blanched prior to cutting and freezing)
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree 
  • 1/4 medium yellow onion, minced
  • 1-1 1/2 cups shredded spinach
  • 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 - 1/4 cup shredded smoked mozerella cheese
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Prior to being baked
Heat oven to 400 degrees F and arrange a rack in the middle.
Combine broth, rice, squash, puree, and onion in a 3-quart baking dish, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and stir to evenly combine. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake, stirring about every 25 minutes, until most the water has been absorbed and rice granules are puffed. Total time for me was about an hour.
Remove from oven, stir in remaining ingredients, season to taste and serve.


This was okay. It was an easy one dish meal and actually came together pretty quickly minus taking almost an hour to cook. However I can't say I'll rush out to make it again, I certainly thought it was tasty and worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment