Saturday, October 27, 2012

Buffa-joes


The idea is "hot wings meets sloppy joe" I think Rachel Ray NAILED it. The only changes I made was that I ended up doubling the sauce as I let it simmer in the pan so long it reduced way down (life happens). I LOVE this and love the idea of "new" flavored sloppies. Thank you Rachel!

I enjoyed my first one of a slice of whole wheat bun with a slice of cheddar, my next serving I just had mounded on my salad, YUMMY!






1 TBS oil
3 TBS butter
2 lbs ground chicken
1 carrot, grated
2 small celery ribs, minced

1 small onion, minced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
2 TBS red wine vinegar
2 TBS light brown sugar
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
1 cup tomato sauce

heat oil, melt butter, add chicken and cook 5-7 minutes. Add next 5 ingredients and cook 7-8 minutes more.

Stir together remaining ingredients then mix into the pan and allow flavors to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment