Monday, May 2, 2011

Pesto Filled Spuds

Ingredients:
baking potatoes (1 per person or a large split)
1 head broccoli
2 TBS Sour cream (or vegan alternative)
2 Tbs or so of Pesto
2 Tbs pine nuts
*optional*
Croutons crushed, or parmesan cheese

*this could be made vegan by omitting the cheese, using my vegan pesto recipe and using a non dairy sour cream

Method:
Bake potatoes either in the oven (400*F) or microwave until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly

Cook the broccoli in a bit of water until JUST tender.

Mash together the broccoli, sour cream, pesto and pine nuts in a bowl.

Cut potatoes in half and scoop innards into the bowl mentioned above, leaving about 1/2" for the shell.

Mix innards with the pesto mixture and salt and pepper to taste, scoop back into the shells. Top with crushed croutons and parmesan if using and then reheat in the oven (350*F) until warm.

OH MAN HAVE I DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN. THIS was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Literally. The original recipe called for artichoke hearts, which I, of course, forgot. But it was still so so good! I used my own pesto so all in all this dinner was PACKED with green goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment