Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spinach Basil Pesto

Considering I plan to use this pesto over 3 days in 3 separate recipes, I figured it warranted it's own post. It's an adaptation of Chef Chloe's Avacado Pesto and another pesto recipe I pulled from a RAW Vegan site (from where exactly I can't remember, please forgive me!) all the measurements were eyeballed as well

1-2 handfuls Spinach
1-2 handfuls Basil
1/2 Avocado
1/4 Cup Raw Almonds
2 Cloves of Garlic
1-2 Tbs Lemon Juice
Olive Oil to texture (around 1/2 cup?) - cold pressed is considered "RAW" by some
Salt to taste

Using your food processor or blender combine all ingredients and bled to the desired texture.

*note that the addition of avocado may cause the sauce to discolor if not used immediately. I haven't had this problem (yet) but others who used Chef Chloe's original recipe said it did.

So delicious I was eating it right out of the blender! You wont miss the cheese I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment