Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mushroom Bagel Bake

Mushrooms, apparently, were tempting me this week.

Here's a fun open faced sandwhich type food that will make a great meal with a side salad or a great side for any occasion.

Ingredients:
bagels (I used fresh "everything" from our local bakery)
1 or 2 slices Swiss cheese
1 cup Mushrooms of your choosing
1/4 small onion diced
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Preheat oven to 375* F Cover baking sheet with foil and set aside.

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute mushroom and onion for about 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in Thyme and salt and pepper.

Spoon mixture onto bagel and top with cheese. Bake for  8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted











This were pretty dang tasty! Very satisfying as well, I thought they could use a hint of .. something, so next time I will try adding some garlic to the mix. But I will make these again as they were fast and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment