Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Mexi Chicken

I love Mexican flavored food, something about it makes me smile. As part of the clean eating challenge we were to have 'chicken tacos' well one look at the daily menu and the room to flavor the chicken how I chose, I changed it up a bit to make it more 21 Day Fix Friendly for us.

The result was delicious and amazing.

Yield 2 servings.
1 red container, 1 yellow, 1 blue 2 TBS salsa (which would go into purple)

1 lb chicken tenders
1 lime
1 TBS taco seasoning (I make my own to keep it clean and know exactly what goes into it)

1/4 Cup Quinoa
1/2 Can low sodium black beans - rinsed
1/2 cup low sodium or homemade bone/chicken broth

Pico de gallo or Mango Salsa
Avocado
Sour cream (optional and only included if you don't use an entire 1/2 avocado per serving)

Method:
I tossed the chicken with my taco seasoning and about 3/4 worth of the limes juice. I then threw it onto a grill pan and cooked it until properly grilled (about 10 minutes)

Meanwhile I cooked the 1/4 cup of quinoa in the broth. Once it was cooked, I added my rinsed black beans and the remainder of the lime juice and allowed the beans to warm,

Top each portion with 1/2 Avocado and the Salsa (or a little less avocado to allow for sour cream)


No comments:

Post a Comment