Friday, March 27, 2015

Carne Asada Steak with creamed Spinach

So I have this 1/2 gallon of Carne Asada marinade I picked up at Cash and Carry hanging out in my fridge, normally I prefer to make all my own marinades, they are so much healthier that way, but alas I opted to use the marinade last night. Mind you it was delicious, but the meat never really got 'tender' like a real carne asada steak, so I will have to try it again in the near future.
I also 'creamed' some spinach, which I thought was pretty tasty for cooked spinach.
I would normally recommend serving this with a baked sweet potato or other nutrient dense starch but I was STARVING when I got home and was not willing to wait 18 more minutes for said sweet potato to make it's appearance from the oven.. I found the sauce to be plentiful on the spinach so I would reduce the amounts to what I have listed below.

1lb flank steak
1/2 cup marinade

1 bag baby spinach

1/4 cup low sodium broth
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 TBS parmesan cheese
1 TBS Sour cream

I marinated the steak in the carne asada marinade overnight. Grilled it for about 10 minutes

Mean while I heated the broth to boiling, added the entire bag of spinach and wilted, stirring frequently) for about 5 minutes. Stirred in the garlic, cheese and cream and cooked an additional 2 minutes.

This came together so fast and had so much flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment