Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Okay, my husband and eldest son stinking LOVE quiznos 'yellow' soup as my kiddo calls it.
I would rather make it at home. I have been trying and trying to come up with one that we all like, so far me and the hubs LOVE this one, the kiddo tasted it but he had already eaten by the time I FINALLY got dinner on the table.

That said. Yummy awesomeness right here.

Ingredients:
2 TBS Butter
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 Quart stock
1 quart cream
2 cups shredded carrots
3 heads broccoli cut into florets

3-4 cups sharp cheddar cheese.

Method:
Heat 2 tbs butter in a sauce pan, saute onions and garlic until soft.

In another sauce pan or one without the onions IN it, melt 1/2 cup butter and whisk in flour to make a roux. SLOWLY stir in the stock, then the cream. Allow to simmer about 15 minutes. Then toss in everything left but the cheese.
Simmer 20-30 minutes or until broccoli is soft enough for you. Melt in cheese and eat.

Man alive I loved this. Next time I might add a bit more broccoli yet, although you can't get a bite without it, I want it exploding with green goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment