- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms (I used portobella, crimini, shitake and white button)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Dash or splash red wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- About 1.5 cups fresh roasted pumpkin (you can use canned pumpkin as well)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasonings
- Dash pepper
- lasagna noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large bunch spinach, washed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the garlic and a bit of oil, add spinach to wilt, then remove and stir in ricotta cheese. In the same skillet now saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bit of oil, adding a splash of the wine then cook until tender; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, seasonings, pepper and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Now onto layers. This is where you can do what you want. I started with a bit of sauce, then noodles (I roll mine super thin) then a layer of ricotta/spinach blend. Then noodles, then mushrooms, then sauce, then mozzarella then noodles, repeat until done. Topping with a bit of sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- bake at 350° for 45 minutes.Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.