Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pumpkin Lasagna

Alright, I know I know, I have been cooking with pumpkin like a crazy woman, it's just so good!

Enter Pumpkin lasagna.

I made my own noodles using 2 cups white flour, 1 cup wheat flour, 3 eggs and a pinch of salt.

Then I took the following recipe from here and tweaked it, like I ALWAYS do

Ingredients

  • 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms (I used portobella, crimini, shitake and white button)
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • Dash or splash red wine
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • About 1.5 cups fresh roasted pumpkin (you can use canned pumpkin as well)
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 1 teaspoon dried italian seasonings
  • Dash pepper
  • lasagna noodles
  • 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
  • 1 large bunch spinach, washed and chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 package shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 package shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

  • In a small skillet, saute the garlic and a bit of oil, add spinach to wilt, then remove and stir in ricotta cheese. In the same skillet now saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bit of oil, adding a splash of the wine then cook until tender; set aside. 
  • In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, seasonings, pepper and some salt and pepper to taste.
  • Now onto layers. This is where you can do what you want. I started with a bit of sauce, then noodles (I roll mine super thin) then a layer of ricotta/spinach blend. Then noodles, then mushrooms, then sauce, then mozzarella  then noodles, repeat until done. Topping with a bit of sauce and Parmesan cheese.
  •  bake at 350° for 45 minutes.Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. 



I served this with a huge green salad. Yum Yum Yum. My husband, cousin in law and folks all devoured it, oh and our baby? He ate a whole piece! 

No comments:

Post a Comment