Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup


It's been a while since I posted. Here is Homemade bread topped with a bit of pepperjack and cheddar cheeses, grilled (If there comes a day I can eat this again I plan to add spinach too)








For the soup I used about 5 tomatoes (whole I used my vitamix) 1/4 onion, diced, 2 garlic cloves, minced and half a stalk of celery and a small carrot, both diced.

I gently sauteed everything but the tomatoes, for about 15 minutes (do not burn) then added tomatoes and allowed to get hot. Dumped into the vitamix and blended. I added a bit of cream to my hubs portion.

I thought it was awesome, not as tomato-y as I would have liked, but a work in progress. My omni thought the garlic was a bit much, and that we should call this a "Garlic tomato soup" *snicker* He did eat all of it and there wasn't a drop left.

No comments:

Post a Comment