Monday, November 14, 2011

Spicy Tangy Grapefruit Salad

 Of coarse I didn't take pictures at the perfect moment, so bare with the "lunch style" photos.
*The amount listed below made two salads

Base
Missing Avocado
1 Whole head of romaine, sliced

Topping
1 Whole Pink Grapefruit sliced into wedges with the pifth (white stuff) removed.
1 large yellow bell pepper or 4 mini's sliced
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 large cucumber peeled and sliced

Dressing
1 TBS olive oil (I know I know, not really RAW)
1 TBS Agave Nectar
1 Small jalapeno diced
salt to taste



























Method
Prep all ingredients.
Combine all those used for the topping, combine those for the dressing. Toss the dressing over the topping and gently combine. Either eat right away atop the base or allow about an hour of marinade time. I made the dressing for my boys the night before, we'll see if it amped up the spice too much.

1 comment: