Monday, September 26, 2011

Mushroom and Temph Fajitas

So I had a recipe I meant to try before my little man was born, for mushroom tacos, it was adapted from "The Vegetarian Times" However, since then I found one for Temph Fajitas from "Whole Life Nutrition" I decided to mix and match them together.


(tortilla is GF hence it falling apart)




















Ingredients:
Marinade for 4 ozTemph (cut into cubes or strips) and mushrooms
1 Small lime juiced
1 TBS Tamari
1/2 TBS Mexican Seasoning
1/2 Tsp Olive oil.

Marinate temph for at least 30 minutes, the longer you marinate the more flavor you will get.

Tacos:
Tortillas (dish is GF if you use GF tortillas)
1 medium red onion sliced into strips
mushrooms
1 bell pepper sliced into strips
1 zucchini sliced into strips
1 -2 cloves of garlic minced
Fresh greens
Salsa
Avocado, or Guacamole

Method:
Preheat oven to 400* F.
After Temph has marinated heat skillet with a bit of olive oil, add temph and heat about 3-5 minutes, careful not to burn.

In a 9x13 glass baking dish add about 1/2 tbs olive oil and vegetables and a dash of sea salt. Bake about 20-25 minutes.

Combine all ingredients into the tortilla and enjoy!

I thought these were good! Another score for Temph. I think the ingredients listed, as cooked would be good over rice, or salad greens alone.


I had made "fresh salsa" but it was kind of a botch.
See I have the most delectable fresh heirloom tomatoes from Grammie, but I forgot jalapenos at the store, I figured ah well it'll be better less spicy to nurse with.. Well then I went to pull out my cilantro and it was bad! So I digress. I did try to make it with dried and I ended up getting way too much in the bowl, plus dried cilantro sure doesn't taste quite like fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment