Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mexi Mac

Say goodbye to condensed soups.
This recipe was created to use up the last of the "cream of" crap I mean soup we had.

It was good, spicy, and I am SO SAD I forgot to add the greens!!! I meant to add steamed green something and totally spaced it. I tell you being a new mom can cause some silly lapses sometimes *grin

Ingredients
2 Cups Elbow Macaroni
1 15 oz can Red Kidney Beans Drained and rinsed
1/2 cup HOT salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Cup shredded cheese
Optional addition: Field Roast Mexican Chipotle Sausage (YUM, so so much flavor!)

Method:
Preheat oven to 400*F
Cook Pasta
Dump remaining ingredients, except shredded cheese, into a shallow baking dish, add pasta and toss to coat, top with shredded cheese and bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.

I topped mine with dried cilantro and we both crumbled a few tortilla chips on top (yes VERY VERY carb heavy haha).

If we weren't going to dramatically improve our diets the omni asked me to make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment