Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baked Ziti

Well, I know I have had some pretty amazing Baked Ziti in my life, so here is yet another go at it from me.


Ingredients:
1 lb Ziti noodles
1 jar Pasta sauce
1 15 oz container Ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder


Method:
Preheat oven to 350* F


Cook up Ziti noodles to "al dente". 



Mix ricotta, italian herbs and mozzarella  together. 


Layer in a baking dish, pasta sauce, noodles, cheese mixture, and repeat until all the noodles have been used. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.




Bake covered in the oven 20-25 minutes then uncovered for about 15 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste.













** We both thought this was great, fast and easy. However I thought it was a hair on the "dry side". Next time I will either reduce the pasta amount or up the sauce at least a little bit. 
All in all definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment