Monday, February 7, 2011

another week gone by

WOW! Monday already?! There is something to be said about working weekends. Not only does it make our bank account (thus us) happy, but it would also seem to propel time, a lot.

Well my beloved Omni will be on nights, again, for a week or so. So I "threw" together a menu, fairly haphazardly and of course forgot ONE key ingredient (RATS!)..

Avocado Pesto - vegan
Avocado Tortilla Soup - vegan
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta - vegan

Wow, short list you say? Yes, very. I figured One night I may be going out to eat, and there are always baked potatoes, and "better than tuna salad" to fill in any other holes *grin*

Anyhow,  My shopping cart was overloaded with produce (just the way I like it) and I do see all of it (except maybe the oranges) being eaten this week.

Here's a snippet of the "fruitier" side of things

Some items I purchased.
Bananas
Clementines
Lemons
Limes
Green and Black Grapes
Tomatoes
Avocados
Celery
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots
Potatoes
Apples
Cilantro
Parsley
Spinach
Basil  and sage

And of course some fun things like; Coconut Milk, vegetable broth, a can of beans and a can of corn..

And the mystery critical item I forgot? Pine nuts. Which means I will not be making my pesto until I get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment