Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pancakes

Okay, anyone who knows me knows that I never used to be much of a breakfast person and certainly not one who likes "Fluff."
Well, let me tell you, that after making my own vegan pancakes i can no longer say that I don't like them.

Now i liked mine so much I ate mine before I got the camera close. So bear with the pictures and of course R's maple syrup with pancakes on the side.

This recipe is also from "The Joy of Vegan Baking"

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
1 TBS baking powder
1/4 TSP salt
1 cup non-dairy milk
2 TBS canola oil or non-hydrogenated, non-dairy butter - melted
3 TBS liquid sweetener (I used Agave nectar, but you can use juice or any other liquid sweets)
REAL maple syrup (aka pure) *optional)

Method:
Combine all dry ingredients and mix.
In a SEPARATE bowl, combine all wet ingredients except maple syrup.
Add wet mixture to dry mixture mixing only until moistened, a few lumps will be fine and over mixing will make tough pancakes.





Heat a non stick griddle or skillet over a medium/ high flame. Pour the batter onto the griddle in 4" rounds.
Cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface, then flip and cook an additional 2 minutes or so. Or until both sides are golden brown.







I served Rodneys with scrambled eggs (NOT VEGAN) and potatoes both with cheese (NOT VEGAN). And we topped ours with real maple syrup (I also used a bit of thawed frozen fruit) which made the pancake portion very vegan and very delicious!


Excuse the incredibly poor photo quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment