Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 9th-13th

And boy I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on this really.. So it's kind of thrown together.

Menu for the week
Orzo Pilaf with Roasted Red Peppers and Peas - vegan
Potato Leek Soup - vegan
Roasted Brussels sprouts with apples and onions - vegan
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup - vegetarian

I haven't decided on baked goods yet but I am thinking Brad muffins and cookies (either Sugar, Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Rasin). I am going to check with my other half tonight.

The menu looks short cause, well, it is. I haven't had much time like I said so we might throw some Gluck in there, or who knows. Spontaneity is the spice of life right? HA.

Grocery List (highly disorganized)
Olive oil
Parchment paper
Veggie stock (no time to make, sorry)
green pea? (might have some frozen already)
1 lb Brussels Sprouts
2 Granny Smith Apples
1 Red Onion
1 Yellow Onion
Yukon Gold Spuds
1 Lemon
4 Leeks
Tarragon
Tomato soup (yeah tomatoes are out of season I am not making it with those)

Then of course whatever I need to make cookies which really isn't much if I go with sugar and I don't think I need much for bran muffins. Stay tuned to see how a "rush planned" week works out!

4 comments:

  1. YOU EAT BRUSSEL SPROUTS WILLINGLY????

    Sorry. Didn't mean to yell.

    But... seriously?! Did you know that you are all grown up now and no one will force you to eat them? (Okay, mom never made us eat them, but Olesia Janesuzki's mom did, and boy did she regret THAT when I hurled all over her kitchen floor.)

    A bit graphic of a comment, I suppose.

    But still.

    Brussel sprouts?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hardly disorganized.... i don't even have a list!

    seriously. brussel sprouts!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's the plan. They ended up being the menu for tonight so we shall see how they work out (not sure i even like them). Cooking is such an anti stress for me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah I am not sure how I missed your comment! It made me laugh so hard! We didn't end up making them yet as the night I had them planned we weren't up to "waiting".
    I think I like them? I have to give them a try none the less. Momma did always make us taste something before hating it. *grin* with both your and T's comments I think I REALLY need to make them to brag about how good they are even when they aren't saturated in "butter" (one way I KNOW I like them)...

    ReplyDelete