Sunday, December 26, 2010

Breakfast Burrito, Mushroom style

So I woke up hungry, Surprise? Not really. But I was a bit played out on the whole "cereal" scene. So I decided I would give a go for my breakfast burritos, changed a bit. Here is what I came up with. 


** vegan variation at the bottom**


Ingredients:
1 medium/large tortilla (I had to use white I was out of wheat)
1 small russet, peeled and diced
Oil
Garlic powder
Seasoning salt
About 1/2 small can sliced mushrooms drained and rinsed
1 cage free egg
cheese


Method. Tossed potatoes into the skillet and cooked until about 1/2 way done, tossed in the mushrooms and a bit of water and cooked until done. Cracked one egg right into the pan and cooked again until done. Spooned into tortilla and heated through to melt cheese.


So. So. Good.

I ended up making another variation vegan also (not the same meal though!) So I omitted the egg and the cheese. I loved both and in all honesty will probably eat the vegan version more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment