Thursday, November 4, 2010

Zesty "Chicken" and spuds

Well another new one for me, and one I definitely learned from! I subbed russets for reds (talk about WAY longer cook time)...


I made one meaty and one none.


The dressing was the same for both.


Ingredients:
Sauce
1/3 cup mayo (I used nayonaise)
3 TBS Dijon mustard
1 tsp black pepper


other
2 Chicken breasts sliced
1 chicken sub (Quorn) 
about 6 russet potatoes peeled and sliced into quarters


Method:
Preheat oven to 350* F
I used one small casserole dish for the meatless, tossed in the potatoes and coated with sauce. Allowed to cook until about 10 minutes remained and then tossed in chicken sub also coated with sauce. 




For the meat-ed, both the chicken and the taters got tossed into the same casserole dish and coated with sauce. Baked uncovered for 30 minutes (at which point I realized it was going to take much longer) so I covered with foil and baked an additional 40 minutes.


Served with a salad and some additional sauce (fresh, not used for the raw meat) for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment