Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Apple Thyme Pork Chops (meat alert)

Pork, not something I have a whole lot of experience cooking. As I was thumbing through one of my slow cooker cook books, I found this idea. Enter dinner, I of course couldn't follow the recipe to a T as far as how much of everything, so bear with me. 


Ingredients:
3 Boneless pork chops
2 Granny smith apples
1/4 of an onion, diced
1 tsp Thyme (dried and crushed)
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce (or maybe a little more?)
1 can cream of golden mushroom soup 
1/4 cup water (just a little over)
1 tbs brown sugar.


Method
Mix soup, water, Thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar together in the crock pot. Toss in onion, pork and sliced apples. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.




Well it passed the husband test with FLYING colors. The apples imparted an AMAZING flavor but he wasn't very fond of them on their own. As you can tell he was also very fond of the "gravy"


All in all, I will certainly make this for him again, and probably soon (due to request)..

5 comments:

  1. YUM. Adding this to my next menu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Sar i figured it could be VERY GF for you!
    And momma, it's a fall meal you could make too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have Mama Dee check this one out! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO thanks Papa! Rodney thought it was SOOOO good, haha, it was a winner and i'm glad I tried it!

    ReplyDelete