Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Slow Cooker Ribs

Okay for everyone who had ever met me, we all know that even as a meat eater, Ribs were NEVER on the menu, however my other half L-O-V-E-S them. I have tried making them once before on the BBQ and they turned out great, then we tried again and I let the BBQ master handle it and, well, they weren't very good, so I am trying one more time in my mastery, the crock pot.


I'm certain you could replace the ribs with boneless (hmm why didn't I ever think of that before?) ones, but for this try I used regular old bone in beef ribs.


Ingredients:
Beef Ribs (I used bone in about 6 Ribs)


2/3 cup flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup butter


1/2 onion, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 can beef broth (or 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chili sauce
1 1/2 tsp chili powder

Method:
Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large zip-lock bag. Toss in ribs and toss to coat. Brown them in batches in a skillet with the melted butter. Place them into your crock pot.


In the same skillet add all remaining ingredients, heating to a boil (make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet and mix with the sauce. 


Once the sauce comes to a boil, pour over the ribs, cover the crock pot and turn on low, cook for 9-10 hours.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty much how I made mine, too. They were good, but... eating meat on a bone gives me the willies. I ought to try it boneless-- good idea.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm laughing at your comment as I never touched meat on the bone, ever. ick.
    the meatless version was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete