Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lemon Garlic Chicken

My best friend Jessica was making this this weekend so I attempted to re-create it from memory, I'm hoping I got close at least..


Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
about 10 garlic cloves minced
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup water 
seasoning salt (I used Johnny's)
black pepper (I used fresh ground peppercorns)
Oregano
Rosemary
a dash of Lemon seasoning (Zesty Lemon Seasoning)
olive oil


Method
use all seasonings to create a "dry rub" on the chicken. Place chicken and some olive oil into a frying pan and cook until just browned on the outer layer. Toss into the crock pot, in the same skillet add, minced garlic lemon juice and water bring to a boil and simmer a few moments, scraping up the bottom of the pan to get the "drippings" and seasonings. Cook in the crock pot (probably 5 hours but we're going for a full 10) on low. 


We also had parmesan herb roasted mixed mini potatoes. I simply washed the mini potatoes, sliced, drizzled on some oil and sprinkled on parmesan, Johnny's and Italian seasonings and baked about 40 minutes at 375*F.


**to make meatless, use a chicken sub and cook in the oven according to the subs directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment