Monday, November 4, 2013

Bloody Ceaser Burgers (think bloody mary)

 
Okay let me start with a disclaimer. My husband LOVES Ceasers (the drink not the salad). It's a Canadian thing. I guess it's like a Bloody Mary, but spicier.
 
So while reading Rachael Ray's Book of Burger, I saw her recipe for Bloody Mary Burgers and changed it. The results were AMAZING.
 
I did serve ours over a cross over Gluten Free Glutened bread (so what happened is I made GF bread but added 1 cup regular old white flour, we're considering transitioning).
I ended up liking mine WAY more over just plain old salad greens.

 
Burgers:
1 1/2 lbs beef (ours is grass fed and the flavor is literally amazing)
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBS Dimitris Bloody Mary Seasoning (its a liquid)
1 TBS Tabasco Sauce
2 stalks celery tops and leaves chopped
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Ritz crackers ground up
salt and pepper to taste
 
Sauce:
3/4 cup Ketchup
1 TBS Dimitris Bloody Mary Seasoning
1 TBS Worcestershire
1 TBS lemon juice
1-2 Tsp Tabasco
2 TBS finely minced celery
Pepper
 
For the sauce, mix ingredients and enjoy, this "spicy ketchup" would be great on just about anything you like with ketchup.
 
For the burgers. Mix all the ingredients listed under BURGER. Section meat into 4 equal portions (you could do 5)
Cook in a grill pan over medium heat until done to your liking (roughly 6 minutes per side)
Top with cheese and then eat!

 
My husband loved these so much he told me his infamous burgers might have to take a big step back for these for a while (wow!) They are WARM so if serving to children I'd minimize tabasco and Dimitris at least a little

No comments:

Post a Comment