Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Red Pepper Feta Pasta

I am not really into making my own recipes without any guideline at all, I like to look to one and then tweak it, a lot, if you ask my hubs. Anyhow. I had had this great plan for dinner when it all fell apart. So I had to create an entirely new plan, which also meant, no base recipe really. The results were so good, my baby (14 months old) and I couldn't stop eating it!



Sauce:
Olive oil
butter
1/2 onion
3 garlic cloves
1 jar, drained roasted peppers
1/2 cup vegetable base
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup milk
1 cup or so crumbled feta

Chicken (optional, leave out for vegetarian)
Kale, rough chopped,

Using a blender or food processor, combine, wine, broth, peppers, onion and garlic and puree. Add to a sauce pan and heat, adding milk, salt and pepper to taste.

In a skillet, saute, chopped chicken in butter and oil blend, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add Kale and stir to begin to wilt, stir in sauce and feta and then serve over pasta of your choice. (I would have loved to have this over zucchini noodles. Thus making it GF)

No comments:

Post a Comment