Friday, January 20, 2012

Stuffed Acorn Squash Take 2





2 Acorn Squash, sliced in half and seeded
Bake at 400* flesh side down for about 30-40 minutes

Scoop most of the cooked flesh into a medium bowl.

Stuffing
1/2 cup Wild and brown rice blend
1 cup water
1/4 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 carrot shredded
2 handfuls fresh spinach rough chopped
1 Vegan sausage (I used Field Roast Apple Wood Sage) diced

Place rice and water into a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 30-45 minutes (check for doneness)

In a skillet sautee onion, garlic and celery add spinach, sausage and carrot, heat through.

Combine rice and skillet mixture with the squash in the bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon into Squash shells and heat in the oven about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!

I DEVOURED mine. Bursting with flavor even though I didn't add many seasonings.

1 comment:

  1. I love acorn squash, and this looks really wonderful! I think I may need to twist your arm to amke it for us sometime soon!:)

    ReplyDelete