Friday, January 20, 2012

Garlicky Green Pasta

Any greens will work, I used Spinach, cause I have a TON in my house (5 lb bag we are finally almost through)

Fast delicious. So much room for personal adaptation. REALLY try this one, I wasn't sure it was going to be satisfying, but boy was it ever.

2-3 large handfuls of any green of your choice
pasta (about 6 oz)
2 cloves garlic (more or less it's up to you)
olive oil
Pine nuts

Boil water for pasta, blanch the spinach about 2 minutes, then drain (squeeze excess water)
Cook pasta according to directions.

In a skillet heat a bit of oil and gently cook garlic (do not BURN!) add greens and saute a moment or two, mostly to incorporate flavors.  Toss pine nuts in and heat.

Toss together with pasta and salt and pepper to taste!










SO easy so wonderful, light but filling, so flavorful. Very clean feeling! You can bet I will be making this again

1 comment:

  1. Have I mentiond how spoiled I am to have not one, BUT TWO, personal cooks! They do all the work and I just do the taste testig. How can you go wrong with a system like that? My own cooking days feel like a different lifetime ago, and I am sure, never tasted as wonderful as they do now:)

    ReplyDelete