Sunday, January 15, 2012

Green Smoothies are back

And SO good.

Here are my recent faves.

1 apple
1 cup frozen berries
1 cup spinach
1 TBS flax seed
Coconut milk or water (enough to blend)
Vegan protein powder (optional)


1 pear
1 frozen banana
1 cup spinach
1 TBS flax seed
Coconut milk or water (enough to blend)
Vegan protein powder (optional)


1 kiwi
1 frozen banana
1 cup spinach
1 TBS flax seed
Coconut milk or water (enough to blend)
Vegan protein powder (optional)

The color may scare you but the flavor shall not. PROMISE. Using spinach as the green keeps the "green" flavor down, and the fruit flavor UP.

I traded coffee for these, and about 10 minutes (or less) after drinking I really am BURSTING with energy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these, Haylie! I just got interested in the idea. Do you use a blender or a juicer? I only have a blender, and am wondering if I need to invest in a juicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannine, so far I have used my basic blender (Oster) and then last year we purchased a Vitamix blender. Pretty much use it for everything! i don't own a juicer. You can strain things you have pulverized in your blender to remove some of the fiber if you are worried about consuming too much (not many people are in that boat I think). Otherwise by blending you actually get all the fiber too!

    ReplyDelete