Sunday, January 15, 2012

Caramelized Shallots and Temph in a bed of Penne smothered in Goat Cheese

Goat cheese shall not pass my husband or my lips. So we made a substitute that makes it very dairy FULL, not dairy free. BUT I made one for my folks (remember PASTA NIGHT!).

Fast, and delicious, like OMG delicious, so good 4 of us ate EVERY LAST NOODLE.

I'll post the Goat variety, if you or your loved ones are scared or HATE goat cheese like my hubs and I do, substitute feta cheese.

2 TBS soy sauce
2 Tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic minced
juice from half a lime
8 oz temph cut into cubes (temph my dears is GF)
vegetable oil for frying (NOT olive oil)
2 shallot bulbs thinly sliced
couple handfuls sliced spinach or other fresh green
12 oz penne
3 oz herbed soft  goat cheese (if akk you can get or prefer is plain use some thyme to season)

Marinate cut temph at LEAST 20 minutes in all the ingredients listed UP to the temph.

Cook pasta

While pasta is cooking, fry temph in oil, remove from heat and crumble, in the same pan, caramelize your shallots (DON'T burn please), add spinach and wilt, crumble temph into veggies. Remove from heat.

In a serving bowl place your cheese of choice, pour hot noodles over the cheese and mix with two spoons (If it seems thick you can add a bit of your pasta cooking water to thin it out, I needed to do so for the goat cheese variety). Then add shallot and temph mixture and enjoy!

Again SOSOSOSOSO good.

1 comment:

  1. This was so delicious, I couldn't stop myself from overeating! Soo good!

    ReplyDelete