Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chili Sauce Infused Soba Noodles

I must confess my beloved Omni mentioned to me tonight that the next time we attend a potluck, I simply must make theis for all (I think he'd also like to eat it once a week, or that potluck sized bowl to himself *wink*)

Recipe was adapted from The Vegan Table

Buckwheat Soba Noodles,

1 carrot or so, cut into matchsticks
1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
1 green onion sliced

1/3 cup soy sauce
1 TBS Sesame oil
1/2 TBS chili sauce
1/2-1 TBS seasoned Rice Vinegar

Method:
Cooked noodles according to package directions
Stir last 4 ingredients and then taste, adjust to your preference.
I then tossed the veggies into the marinade and allowed to soak for about 20 minutes.

Tossed sauce over pasta and allowed to sit another 10, then we enjoyed.

If you follow the recipe in The Vegan Table, some ingredients will change and you will want to let it marinate (whole thing) longer. We however LOVED this as I made it above.

No comments:

Post a Comment