Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quinoa Salad with Summer vegetables and Apple Wood Sage Sausage

11/2 cups Quinoa
3 cups water
pinch of sea salt

1 large carrot diced
Tomato, diced
1 small zucchini, steamed and diced
1 small summer squash, steamed and diced
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 cup raw or cooked corn

Dressing
Fresh lemon juice
Olive Oil
2 Cloves garlic, minced
sea salt to taste.

Here is the deal, it was "ok", would have made a good side salad. I did however think it needed a little more UMPH for dressing. I tossed some sauteed Field Roast Apple wood and sage sausage (vegan) and that was the best part. My omni niece thought maybe more "sausage" would have made it even better, but her exact words were "I think this may be a little TOO healthy for me". It was a super pretty dish, if nothing else.

It's worth a try if you are up for it, but serve it with something else or toss in 2-3 vegetarian sausages

No comments:

Post a Comment