Sunday, September 18, 2011

Granola, with cinnamon spice

I was thumbing through "Whole life Nutrition" and saw this, or a variation of this. I have always wanted to make granola, and this one sounded good.
They suggest serving it as a cereal with non dairy milk, on yogurt or fresh fruit, or even as a bit of a light snack.

Makes about 5 cups:
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coarse chopped walnuts
1 cup coarse chopped almonds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 TBS cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup melted coconut oil












I have since had this in coconut milk yogurt and with fresh bananas and soy milk, both ways were so so good, in fact I might play with seasonings and additions and use this as my only cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment