Friday, September 9, 2011

Chocolaty Banana Nut-Cream


 First can I say YUM?
Second I sing the praise of my Vitamix, that said this could be made in any blender or food processor, the procedure would be a bit different.

I served this delectable and dairy free "ice cream" to the two usual omni's and my Father and Step Mom. All the reviews were good, my omni, of coarse, said "It was more like paste than ice-cream" to which my retort was, "well you shouldn't have let it thaw." My omni folks, puts his ice-cream in the microwave, no joke.

So, I recommend  we all ignore that comment and give this a whirl

Ingredients to serve 5
5 medium/small bananas, frozen in chunks
2 TBS Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Agave (or maple syrup)
2 TBS water
1/2 Cup RAW cashews

Method:
If you have a high power blender toss it all in and viola!
If not, blend cashews, agave, water and cocoa until smooth, then add bananas.
Serve immediatly for soft serve or return to freezer for a more "hard ice cream" texture.
*We will be trying the maple syrup and re-freezing soon.



3 comments:

  1. You mean this wasn't ice cream? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this looks delicious, healthy and easy! I know what I'm doing next time I have banananas to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was SO SO good definitely worth a try

    ReplyDelete