Monday, August 1, 2011

another week gone by, already?

I say already cause it's hard to believe my son is 10 weeks old already!

This week, in an attempt to take advantage of the produce, but not near as much advantage as I would like.

*Grilled Cheese with Tomato soup and steamed veggies - Vegetarian


*Tacos! (salad) - Vegan, and Omni


*BBQ Chicken with roasted beets - Omni


*Summer Harvest Ravioli with Lemon Cream sauce, veggies and Field Roast "Sausage" - Vegetarian


*Grilled Vegetable Pizzas - Vegetarian/Vegan


Taco Salad (mine always looks like mush)
BBQ Chicken with steamed veggies from the Garden










Before I went out on Maternity leave, I created a "menu planner/shopping list" Its essentially a spreadsheet. With the groceries broke down on one side by department at the store, and a menu list on the other side. The menu side lists what I want to make, what cook book and page (you can tell I have too many cook books *wink) and which ingredients I need to get from the store. It works VERY well.

SO on menu planning day I sit down with the coupons for the store I plan to shop at, and generate a skeleton list based on what's the best value, I think hunt through my cook books and BLAM, there you have it. I did it this morning during Cole's 45 minute nap.

Now the REAL challenging part is getting my eating back on track, you would think eating High RAW and High Vegan would be easy, one because I want it, and two because of the time of the year but I have to admit I have been naughty lately. With the buying another house and adjusting to motherhood I haven't been nearly as good as I should be.

I PREFER to eat vegetarian but want to make it abundantly clear (for all of those who stop in to look mainly) that I am currently NOT vegetarian as I do consume meat occasionally again and of course many Vegans and Vegetarians don't like to cook meat for their OMNI other halves, I, as the chef, will, especially since it means I can get more veggie meals in and get my man to try some other foods he more than likely wouldn't.

Here is my plan for this week
First thing in the am 16 oz water with lemon juice
Breakfast: Green Smoothie
Snack: Celery with nut butter or fruit
Lunch: veggie wrap, another green smoothie, noodles or PB & J sandwich
Snack: Hummus and crackers or veggies
Dinner: See above

Since I am nursing I will eat anytime I am hungry.

I am attempting to keep things affordable so I will be eating veggies featured for dinners, salads, smoothies and other things that I can get at a relatively affordable price (hence noodles and PB & J being lunch staples *wink*)

What are your eating habits and what's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment