Friday, April 15, 2011

Zucchini Basil Pasta

I wasn't too sure how I felt about this recipe, but it seemed easy enough. It was delightfully easy and delicious! It was a hair "dry" so be prepared for that if you are a sauce freak. But the flavor was awesome! I sprinkled a small amount of shredded parmesan on top as well.

Ingredients:
Dry or home made pasta about 8 oz
1-3 small zucchini, julienned
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/4-1/2 cup low fat ricotta (I used more towards the lesser amount)
1/4 cup torn fresh basil (I didn't pick any up so I used about 1 Tsp or so of Dried)

Method:
Cook pasta according to directions, add zucchini to pasta water 1 minute before cooking time is up.

Meanwhile in another bowl, mix ricotta basil and garlic. Stir in drained pasta and zucchini.  Season with Salt and pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment