Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

Well I still have a jar of Fire Roasted Red Peppers in my fridge that I need to use up, what better way than to make a yummy sauce to serve over pasta!?

Ingredients:
8 oz or so Pasta, dry or home made
2 TBS Garlic Flavored Olive Oil (or if you're like me, steep some garlic in the oil the night before and then use it)
1 Cup of the roasted red pepper, chopped (jarred or fresh, if using jarred drain and rinse - I used the remainder of the jar I had)
1/4 medium onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
3/4 cup water

Method:

Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat, add peppers, onion and carrot and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion begins to tenderize and brown. Add 3/4 cups of water, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile cook pasta in salted water according to directions.

Remove sauce mixture from stove and using a food processor or blender, puree until smooth, season with salt and pepper if you desire.

Top cooked pasta with sauce and enjoy!

Man this was SO easy, and so delish!

 I think this one is a crowd (and kid) pleaser. Much like marinara but without all the tomato! Next time around I plan to add some steamed veggies to it as well, pasta just looks so good with a bit of green *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment