Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fast and Fabulous French Toast

Another recipe from "The Vegan Table". Have I mentioned how much I L-O-V-E this book?


So I have never ever MADE French Toast in my life, and it took me a couple tries to get the hang of it. My other half thinks regular bread might have been better, I think stale bread (like the recipe calls for) would have actually made it better. None the less we both ate it and enjoyed it, I was even given the go ahead to try different breads, so he must have liked it.


I of course forgot to bring the recipe book, so I will be posting from memory. Again.


Ingredients:
4 sliced sourdough bread (stale, which I didn't have)
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 TSP cinnamon
1/4 TSP Nutmeg
1 TSP vanilla
Non dairy butter (4 TBS or so)
Real maple syrup or whatever you want to top it with (can I add this is the FIRST time I have ever had syrup on french toast).


Method:
Mix non-dairy milk and seasonings together in a large shallow bowl.


Melt some of the non-dairy butter in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. 


Dip the bread into the milk mixture (I found one side only worked better)


Brown in the skillet adding more butter as needed, until both sides are a golden brown.


Top with maple syrup and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment