Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another week gone by, already?

Goodness! I feel like I was just working on a menu! 


Well, I am working all weekend (YES!) so I have been trying to brainstorm on lunch breaks, and with Rodney on nights for the weekend, I have no input, which depending on how you look at it could be a really good thing *grin*


Any who here's what I am thinking so far. A few of these recipes can be "cooked partially" ahead of time (say on a Sunday afternoon or another time you have a moment to cook some of the ingredients up) stored in the fridge for a few days (I imagine the freezer would/could work too) and then just tossed in the oven when you get home from work (or whatever) and "viola" dinner is served. 


Sunday: "Beef" and Corn Mexican casserole - vegetarian


Monday: Bakes Ziti Casserole - vegetarian (I know ANOTHER red sauce and noodle recipe)


Tuesday: I THINK we have our "Snowmobiling Club Meeting" if that is the case then eating out


Wednesday: Tater Tot Casserole - vegetarian


Thursday: Asiago "Chicken" Casserole - vegetarian


Hmm, lots of casseroles, looks like I will be busy at the grocery store tonight.  All in all sounds like an easy trip.  I DID however break my own rules and ended up shopping for "lunch" type material for myself last night after meeting a friend for dinner.  So the grocery list will not be 100% of what was purchased this weekend.


Grocery list:
Pepperjack Cheese                        Salsa                                                     ziti noodles
Ricotta Cheese                              1 can green beans                                Tater Tots
Asiago Cheese                              1 can corn                                              
                                                         1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
Zucchini
Faux Chicken (Gardien or Quorn brand)


Well I think that's all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment