Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This week

Well I realized that I probably wouldn't be posting much this week and figured I had better explain that no I haven't quit cooking (or eating) but my beloved is on the night shift now (so we see each other nil). Meaning that it is cooking for one this week!

Sunday we had burgers - vegetarian
Monday: Squash ravioli with cougar gold - vegetarian
Tuesday: I'm thinking probably a Tofurkey sandwich on home baked foccacia - vegan
Wednesday: I'll probably eat out as the boys have an appointment in b-ham I have to pick them up from - vegan/vegetarian
Thursday: I'm thinking tomato bisque with grilled cheese. Perhaps raw tomato bisque, we'll see - vegetarian

Some other ideas for meals for one include any of the pasta dishes with cashew cream sauce, burritos, baked potatoes, Quorn or Gardien "chicken" nuggets... really the list is endless I have more options than I know what to do with myself. I may post pictures depending on if I get creative, but aside from the bisque I have already posted everything.

Stay tuned he's only on nights for a week or so then we are back to full on menu planning.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you haven't quit eating!:) I bet a lot of people appreciate you sharing cooking /menu items for one. That probably isn't covered much in most cookbooks/BLOGS.

    ReplyDelete