Saturday, September 4, 2010

Better than TUNA salad sandwich filling

Tuna fish was something that i enjoyed regularly before going vegetarian. Needless to say I thought it was time to utilize a recipe from "The Vegan Table". In short it was quite delectable. My husband thought the flavor was killer but wasn't sure the texture was very "tuna".
Now that said I will also admit I didn't make it exactly to the recipe. I didn't have a few of the ingredients so I adapted mine. I will share with you, the exact way I made it.

Ingredients;
1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
about 1/2 cup vegan mayo (nayonaise)
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 stalk of celery diced
about 1/4 cup of onion, diced
about 1 TBS mustard
parsley
sea salt and pepper



Using a food processor, process Beans until flaky (make sure not to make them into a paste).

Transfer to a bowl. Add in the vegan mayo, mustard and diced veggies and thoroughly mix.





sprinkle in seasonings to taste. Mixing and tasting a little at a time.






I enjoed mine spread onto toasted bread and witha bowl of "Amy's Kitchen No chicken noodle soup"


No comments:

Post a Comment