Saturday, January 11, 2014

Grilled Asparagus and Zucchini Lasagna

Oh. My. Heck. YUMMY.

I love lasagna, but I'll admit I was a little leery of this one once I got going. But it was sooooo good. Again the Hubs and 2.5 year old devoured it!
It's so green and amazing that everyone should at least try it, such a yummy way to eat your greens

Lasagna Noodles: I made my own noodles again using
1 Cup Flour
1 Egg
2 TBS roughly water

kneaded all together to make a smooth dough, allowed to rest 30 minutes then rolled to the thinnest setting in my pasta roller.

1 Head broccoli cut into florets - Steamed 5 minutes
1 lb asparagus - Grilled or steamed
1 lb zucchini sliced about 1/4" thick - Grilled about 3 minutes
1/2 Package Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Package Shredded Mozzerella or Italian Blend

Basic White Sauce
2 TBS butter
2 TBS flour
1 Cup milk

Melt butter, whisk in flour and then milk, heat until thick and bubbly, season with a dash of nutmeg and garlic powder

Layer all the goodies into an 11x7 baking dish in whatever order you like. Bake about 45 minutes to an hour (choose an hour if you don't boil your noodles first) at 350*.

Yum. Yum. Yum.





No comments:

Post a Comment