Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Calzones

Now I know there are like a GAGILLION ways to make these. This was my first attempt really (well I did try to make Stromboli with some friends once). So we stuck with the basics, essentially anything you want on your pizza, you put in the calzones

Also I used my pizza sauce featured here with a little twist. I used one diced bell pepper in the vegetable mix.

Dough:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup water
1 TBS oil
I packet dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Combine the dough ingredients and knead until smooth and elastic (or use the dough setting of your bread machine). Divide into 4 balls and roll out flat into a 6-7 inch circle.

Filling:
My pasta sauce featured above
Pepperoni
Mozzarella
Parmesan
Black olives

Combine filing ingredients and layer or pat into the center of your dough. Pinch ends together, and backe at 350* for 20-25 minutes.

YUM YUM. I can't wait to try a few new flavors the first of which is BBQ sauce, chicken, white beans and cilantro! YUMMY.

*****update *** the latest time I mafe these I only added about a TBS of sauce to the calzone and the dipped the finished product. So much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment