Sunday, November 18, 2012

Brioche Rolls, for burger buns

Another try at burger buns, I think each burger may have it's own bun need. For instance my husbands infamous burgers marry beautifully with the typical buns I make. Tonight we featured very SPICY burgers so enter a new recipe.

Taken from here

Ingredients (makes 8, 10 to 13 cm / 4 to 5 inch burger buns):
3 tbsp milk, warm
1 tbsp active dry yeast
2 ½ tbsp sugar
2 eggs (1 for the dough and 1 for brushing the buns’ tops)
3 cups flour
1 tsp bread improver (optional)
1 ½ tsp salt
2 ½ tbsp butter, softened
1 cup of water, lukewarm
Sesame seeds (optional)


I don't feel as though I allowed enough rise time although I allowed for an hour at each rise point. I did a little more digging and found several people let it rise for two hours each time. I think my results may have been closer to the blogger whom I took the above from, had I allowed for that. Either way YUM YUM YUM. We served them up hot, right out of the oven.

Method:
Proof Yeast in a container with the milk, water and sugar. Allow to Foam.

Mean while mix butter and one beaten egg with salt and flour.

Once blended stir in yeast mixture. I mixed them by hand, and found the dough OOBER sticky so I added an additional 1/2 cup of flour despite being warned away.

Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise, remove from bowl, punch down and separate into about 8 portions, roll and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and cover loosely again and allow to rise again.

Preheat your oven to 400*. Place a pan of water on the bottom of the oven and then put your rolls into the oven and cook 15 minutes.



We will definitely be making this again, especially when eating really spicy or super bold flavored burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment