Friday, September 28, 2012

Spiced Apple Pork Chops

Yields about 4 servings

4 Boneless pork chops about 1 1/2" thick
2 TBS butter
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp thyme
1 Granny smith apple cored and sliced thinly
2 pinches nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 - 1 1/2 cups chicken stock




So in the cook book she actually makes all this on the stove top in 30 minutes or less (her trade mark you know) BUT, I have awful success with pork, so I employed the crock pot.

Salt and pepper the steak and then use just enough EVOO to barely coat the pan, sear the chops until just browned. Then place in the crock pot. In the SAME pan, add butter, onion, thyme, apple and spices and cook about 3 minutes, then stir in the stock just to combine, then pour over chops and cook on low about 8 hours.

SO SO SO good. First time I recall ever liking pork chops, my hubs liked it and my folks did to!

No comments:

Post a Comment